Cheating protection
Page 1 of 1
»* nex0tic * · 10:26 PM Apr 9th

What Anticheats are used on popflash.site servers? Only the useless Vac System or is there something useful in addition to it like smac or something like faceit's anticheat that really can detect cheats?

»Foxtrot · 1:48 PM Apr 10th

Popflash is just a place where to play 10mans. Good job comparing it to faceit lmao

»Semitarkka-amp ᴷᵃˡˡᵉ · 4:08 PM Apr 10th

Dude doesn't have 9 reliable friends to play with :D

»* nex0tic * · 5:11 PM Apr 10th

We thought about using it for cw's but wanted to know if it has any protection because u can't trust enemy team blindly u dumb fucks..

»* nex0tic * · 5:15 PM Apr 10th

And I didn't compare it to faceit, was just hoping for a anticheat like in leagues.. Because Vac only is fuckin useless then

»switz 🌵· 5:17 PM Apr 10th

lets all take a step back and try and be friendly.

yes, popflash only has support for VAC – this is both a good and bad thing. the reality is that almost every client-side anti-cheat is fairly worthless and just serves to be deeply invasive of your privacy and security. it's a huge risk to run this software on your computer. faceit's anti-cheat is obviously the best and does do some things, but as we all know, it's not perfect either.

there are valid reasons to want a better anti-cheat on popflash, and also there are valid reasons to not. some people play on mac or linux, some people don't want their privacy invaded, some people only play with their friends.

all-in-all, I can not in good conscience build a client-side anti-cheat knowing that:

1. I can't promise to protect your privacy and security without a much larger budget and a much larger team
  2. I don't think it would be particularly effective relative to the massive effort it would be to create and maintain it
  3. most people use popflash to play with their friends, which negates a lot of the need of a separate anti cheat
  4. I spend every day making popflash better, and there are other projects that are higher priority

I have spent 9 years thinking about ways of building anti-cheats that are not client-side. In all earnestness, I feel they could be even more effective than a client-side anti-cheat. But, I'm a single dev running an entire platform, and that limits my ability to pursue more expansive efforts.

Maybe one day I'll implement better anti-cheat controls, whether they be server-side, client-side, or tertiary. But for now, I can not. I appreciate your thoughts though and will take some notes down.

cheers

»* nex0tic * · 5:17 PM Apr 10th

*because then it's not worth it to pay for this

»* nex0tic * · 5:30 PM Apr 10th

Yea sorry for the rude speak. Much thanks for your detailed answer, i understand your arguments and wish you all the best on your continues way.

Page 1 of 1