On-Going CS2 Feature Support
Page 1 of 2
β–²
»switz 🌡· 1:08 PM Oct 2nd

As we roll out support for CS2 I will keep this thread up to date with what features are missing and what we are working on.

Just so you understand why these things are not ready yet, there is currently no openly available server-side plugin support for CS2. This allowed us to build extensive features on top of Counterstrike servers and we do not have the ability to do so yet.

We were able to build preliminary CS2 support via some clever and unique methods, but they are limited in what they can accomplish.

There are 3 or 4 open teams working on building plugin support for CS2. And Valve has left hints towards releasing their own plugin system (known as Pulse), but have not released anything new on that front in quite some time. I am monitoring the situation very closely and the second any feasible plugin system is available, I will be working very hard to rebuild our old plugins into PopFlash.

In the meantime, I have plans to solve many of these problems with alternative solutions.

Here's a rough map of what we support today and what I'm working on. I'll keep this thread up to date.

Thanks for your patience, I hope you understand the gravity of this situation and how hard I am working to get CS2 up to par with our CS:GO product that you have come to know and love. Almost everything has to be rewritten from scratch.

βœ… CS2 matches
βœ… Captain Picking
βœ… Map Vetos
βœ… Balance Teams
βœ… Discord Bot Connect Info
βœ… Discord Bot Match Results
βœ… All Server Locations
βœ… Overtime
βœ… Demos
βœ… Extended Stats
πŸ”³ Coaching
  Coming very soon :)
βœ… Spectating
βœ… Discord Voice Channel Management
βœ… Scrim Config
  βœ… Friendly Fire on/off
  βœ… Overtime Options
  βœ… Knife Round
  βœ… OT Money
  βœ… Dead Talk
  βœ… Custom Match Length
  🚭 128 tick
    🚭 Does not seem possible at the moment
       we will support this if we are able to
βœ… Real Wingman Support
βœ… CS2 Practice Servers
βœ… CS2 Retakes Servers
βœ… In-Game Commands
  βœ… !pause and !unpause
  βœ… !extend
  βœ… !start
  βœ… !commands
β–²
»switz 🌡· 3:47 PM Oct 2nd

Feature Update!

As of this post, demos are implemented, you should see them after your match.

β–²
»switz 🌡· 3:06 PM Oct 4th

Scrim configuration has been added

friendly fire, overtime yes/no, OT money, dead talk, match length (short/24/30/prac), and proper wingman support!

β–²
»switz 🌡· 2:42 PM Oct 7th

Practice and retakes servers have been added. Due to the fact that plugins are not yet available for CS2, these are vanilla practice and retakes servers – no special configuration or commands. But the practice servers do include grenade cam and unlimited nades for you.

β–²
»WillGEsports 🌡· 11:53 AM Oct 17th

Are we able to join as a coach?

β–²
»switz 🌡· 1:44 PM Oct 17th

Coaching does not work yet, I apologize for that as I have to update the scrim page to reflect it. It will be coming soon though.

β–²
»switz 🌡· 1:55 PM Oct 17th

Extended stats are live, you should see your matches fully populate after the match.

In CS:GO we had real-time stats, however that currently is not possible in CS2. Please wait 30 seconds after the match for stats to show up.

If you have any issues, please send a message in the #general channel on our discord and I will take a look.

β–²
Β»Palulsen Β· 2:36 PM Oct 17th

Hey there. Our server keeps crashing?

β–²
»switz 🌡· 2:37 PM Oct 17th

can you join our discord -- I can help you there.

β–²
Β»Palulsen Β· 2:38 PM Oct 17th

Hi. Just joined it :)

β–²
»switz 🌡· 4:29 PM Oct 18th

Added support to randomize team sides on match start!

β–²
»switz 🌡· 4:41 PM Oct 18th

Prac matches are now a full 24 rounds (down from 30). s/o khouse for the suggestion, great call!

β–²
Β»gee_ Β· 1:40 PM Oct 19th

Would it be possible to have the discord bot move you back to a specific channel on Discord after the games finished? At the moment it currently moves you to the 'team 1' channel. Would be nice to have it move you to a specific channel, like a waiting room of sorts.

β–²
»switz 🌡· 4:36 PM Oct 20th

@gppppp – I just added this feature, just run /setvoicelobby in your Discord server to set it up.

β–²
»switz 🌡· 4:37 PM Oct 20th

Match round summaries are also back up and running!

β–²
Β»gee_ Β· 5:02 PM Oct 20th

@switz - thanks a lot man, exactly what we were after.

β–²
»doot 🌡· 7:17 PM Oct 27th

Great work @switz!!

β–²
»dekelW 🌡· 6:20 AM Nov 3rd

Any idea when knife round will be available ? missing this feature dearly :(

β–²
»switz 🌡· 3:31 PM Nov 13th

PopFlash Plug-In Update

The PopFlash plugin has been re-written from the ground up to support all the great features you've come to know and love.

Things like knife rounds, damage reports, overtime votes, !pause commands, coaching, spectating, stats, and more.

The problem is, we are building these plug-ins on top of community driven efforts to extend CS2. These are volunteer driven, open source projects from people sharing their time and effort, for free.

Their hard work allows us to build really cool things on top of the game, but it also means that it may take some time for the projects to get to full stability.

Roll-Out

I've slowly rolled out the plug-in to test it's stability over the past week. On a small number of matches, and slowly increasing.

First, we ran into some bugs that I had created. As I cleaned those up, some crashes remained present and it's become increasingly clear that those crashes are not specific to our plug-in, rather they are somewhere upstream in CS2 or the plugin system itself.

This is not to blame anyone, rather only to bring you up to speed.

Right now, less than 5% of our matches are crashing, plagued by one specific crash outside of our plugin. But, 5% is still too high for us to comfortably release the plugin to everyone.

What's Next

PopFlash supporters can opt-in to the plugin via the match config, if you are willing to withstand some instability. If you are not, just keep launching matches normally and you will not be opted into the new plug-in.

I am working on getting a match-medic/round-backup system up and running, so if you do opt-in, you may be able to jump back into a match mid-game very quickly and keep playing, even with a crash.

Every day, I'm working to track down these issues and do whatever I can to resolve them. It's important to me that we get you the best system as soon as possible, with a reasonable level of stability and consistency.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask away, and let me know what features you'd like to see in-game.

All the best, -switz

β–²
»switz 🌡· 1:23 PM Nov 22nd

The plug-in is now considered to be stable (only 1 crash in the last 72 hours, across many thousands of matches) for the time being. CS2 updates may break it, but we are finally in a sense of stability.

This means knife rounds, overtime votes, damage reports, in-game/gotv spectating, !pause, and more are now available to you on PopFlash. Coaching will be coming shortly.

Thanks for waiting patiently -- I am working here to give you guys the best platform that I can.

Page 1 of 2