Need more indeept guide for Discord setup plz
Page 1 of 1
»Gurkien · 5:31 PM Dec 27th

Hey we want to use the discord bot. But cant setup wich voice channels it shall use?

And if members are not pop-supporters are they Muted in our normal voice chat?

Best regards Gurkien

»switz 🌵· 5:32 PM Dec 27th

The discord bot automatically generates voice channels for every match you play and will move the players into them based on the settings in your community (defaults to after knife round). After the match it will clean up the voice channels and move everyone back into a single channel.

Non-supporters will still be able to chat, they are not muted.

»Gurkien · 5:48 PM Dec 27th

Thx

It could be nice that like the "set chat channel" if we could "set voice channel" ;)

»switz 🌵· 5:49 PM Dec 27th

I agree, I'm planning on adding more customization to the bot. Good suggestion :)

»MiniMeth 💩 · 5:49 PM Dec 27th

I would like to request a feature added to the Discord Bot, where we can designate which voice channels the bot should use and not create/delete voice channels automatically, but only move players.

»Gurkien · 5:51 PM Dec 27th

If we could use a "set voice chat" command.. then the bot dont need "create channel" persmissions ;)

»switz 🌵· 5:51 PM Dec 27th

The problem with designating specific voice channels is that it doesn't scale to support multiple matches. What happens if your community launches two matches at once?

Even if your community only plays 1 match at a time, it's hard to build a feature that doesn't scale for everyone. So I may add a way to specify which voice category the voice channels are in, but I still think PopFlash will create its own custom channels.

I get that's probably annoying for some, but it would be a lot of work for what is not a massive benefit. Most people use the auto create/delete.

»Gurkien · 5:53 PM Dec 27th

Could it be "set category" so it will place the VC's under that?

»switz 🌵· 5:53 PM Dec 27th

yup yup yup, planning on implementing exactly that 🙏

»MiniMeth 💩 · 5:56 PM Dec 27th

Designating a specific category where the bot should operate, could also work instead of designating voice channels. That should also make it possible to restrict the bot's server rights.

»MiniMeth 💩 · 6:14 PM Dec 27th

But creating and deleting voice channels on the fly, is sometimes prone to long response-times and even failing to deliver due to timeouts. This is my previous experience from other similar bots and I am unsure what caused the problem with them. My guess is either overflow in API commands or simply too taxing on the resources available. You may want to consider options that reduces the amount of actions.

I am looking forward to implementing and using your bot on my Discord, I think it's a great addition to a good service product.

»switz 🌵· 7:26 PM Dec 27th

If you run into an issue let me know, we respect Discord's API limitations and have yet to run into any issues generating channels and moving players for several months now.

Page 1 of 1