Welcome to the PopFlash Forum (please read)
Page 1 of 1
»switz 🌵· 8:41 PM Dec 5th

Welcome to the PopFlash Forum.

The goal here is to improve communication between myself and you.

While Discord is useful for real-time chat, it is often too ephemeral – meaning conversation is lost quickly and not easy to reach back to. I will continue to be active in the PopFlash Discord, but I'm hoping this forum becomes a better place for community questions and discussion.

I plan to share more info on the features I'm building into PopFlash here, so you can help me shape the platform.

»switz 🌵· 2:39 PM Dec 6th

I would love to not have to write rules, but time and again it has proven that any user generated content on PopFlash inevitably leads to vitriol.

So let's just keep it simple:

1. Be friendly, kind, and respectful
  2. If you act like an asshole, you may be banned (that includes gameplay)
  3. If you are wondering if your behavior is that of an asshole's, don't do it
  4. Please keep your conversation to English People may see this rule as xenophobic or single-minded, however there are several reasons why this rule must exist. Despite PopFlash having users around the globe, it is run by one person (me) and I only speak English. I can't moderate or understand your languages nuances through Google Translate alone. On top of that, using multiple languages isolates the community into pockets and I would rather everyone communicate together. English is the most commonly spoken language in this community. I apologize if you do not speak English well, but sticking to English only allows me to moderate the platform and doesn't fracture the community.
  5. Three reports and a post is hidden. If you spam the report button, you may be banned and/or muted. Keep it 100.

PopFlash is a weird place in esports. There are no gambling adverts here, there is no skin trading. I don't sell your user data and do not build features based on metrics or what sells the most subscriptions. I don't have a big team. I just want to build good software that helps you, and I want you to support that by paying for it. By paying for PopFlash you ensure that I don't have to do all the shitty things that businesses do (like selling your data, or pushing gambling ads on teenagers). Please keep this a weird, safe space. And let's focus on the Counterstrike.

»switz 🌵· 2:54 PM Dec 6th

I built this forum in 24h (literally). I'll keep improving it, but it has all the basic tenants. It still needs work. But it will improve over time.

»switz 🌵· 2:54 PM Dec 6th

[holding this post for extra info]

Page 1 of 1